You must have read zillions of articles about how sleep is important or how much sleep is adequate. We all are very aware of the fact that sleep is important and human beings need a night of proper sleep.
Lack of sleep causes instability which can ruin your whole day. We try to follow our sleep cycle and it is said that 7-8 hours of sleep is considered healthy. Well, that’s not the case anymore.
In this particular article, we are going to discuss how much sleep you should get depending on your age. And it is as per the Science research. Isn’t it interesting? So buckle up, this article is going to be one fun ride. But before jumping there, you must be aware of what lack of sleep can cause to you and your body.
Effects of Lack of sleep To Your Body
The very first mistake we do is take our sleep cycle lightly. We keep ourselves awake at night watching Netflix and other stuff which affects our health in different ways.
The worst of all our health depends on the amount of good sleep and it has been researched that sleep-deprived people are the hub of illness. Sleep-deprived humans have weaker immune compared to other individuals.
What possibly can happen to you because of the lack of sleep.
- Bad sleep affects your body’s complexion and appearance. Dark circles are so common these days. Every second human being is suffering from weight gain.
- Lack of sleep also causes a lack of concentration.
Other important illness is due to lack of sleep:
- Cardiovascular diseases
Now we are going to tell you how much sleep is adequate according to your age.
It’s not just myth research that has been done on this and scientists came up with that sleep chart.
Sleep chart according to your age.
- 0-3 months: 14-17 hours
- 4-11 months: 12-15 hours
- 1-2 years: 11-14 hours
- 3-5 years: 10-13 hours
- 6-13 years: 9-11 hours
- 14-17 years: 8-10 hours
- 18-25 years: 7-9 hours
- 26-64 years: 7-9 hours
- 65+ years: 7-8 hours
Although the sleeping hours getting reduced with age, we fail even to take the required sleep. Which is definitely bad for our health.
There are certain ways in which we can improve our sleep patterns. Certain precautions or doings before bed can help you getting good sleep.
- Dinner you take should be light.
- Don’t drink any kind of toxic drink before heading towards bed. It will affect your sleep.
- Make your bed every day. Keep it clean try to make it cozy, chances are you would get better sleep.
- Prefer Night walk. It will keep you calm and relax
- Keep your room light low and avoid the use of gadgets at night.
- Little meditation can help you get better sleep.
- Remember night is your only sleeping time.
- Try to wake up at the same time. This will maintain your sleeping cycle.
Above are some of the important stuff related to sleep and how we shouldn’t take this lightly. Let us know what you all think about it.