Pictures today has become one very important aspects of our lives because it is the one that keeps our memories. In fact, we are the generation of the internet, we admired lots of photos on the internet.
But what if we say that most of the things we admired on the internet are fake. Yeah, it is true. Not everything we see on social media or anywhere on the web is true. It turns out some of the photos we admired or liked on social media are fake. They are photoshopped to grab the public’s attention.
In this article, we have compiled 15 such photos that went viral on the internet but were actually Fake. Don’t worry. We will give you the original photos too here, side by side. The article will be a good read and will definitely blow your mind.
1. The very first on our list is Purple forest in Scotland, you must have seen it many times on the web or social media because it is one of the attractions for travelers. No doubt you must have to drool your eyes over it and why the hell, not the picture was so mesmerizing and captivating. Well, it turns out that the picture was photoshopped, the real or original picture was shot on the Shotover River in New Zealand. Later it was photoshopped to make it look, Violet. How disappointing it is to hear that there is no such thing called Purple forest.
2. The second on our list is an island in Molokini shaped as star and crescent. The picture went viral on the internet but seems like the photo was photoshopped. However, the name of the island is true and it really looks like a crescent but the star was added to make it alluring. In reality, there is no star.
3. You must have seen this photo on the internet where it has been claimed that one drop of seawater contains a lot of plankton. This photo has been going viral for years but it turns out that’s not true.
4. The next on our list where the woman sits like a frog. Most of the people were amazed by her flexibility. Well, it ain’t true, the photo was photoshopped. In the real picture, she was standing on her legs while the other leg was resting on the platform.
5. You must have seen the photo of the iceberg on the internet. How possibly one could not, the photo was captivating and so beautiful but it turns out the picture was photoshopped to make it look like an iceberg. According to the owner of the photo, Ralph Clevenger the picture is photoshopped and a mixture of different photos, the clouds you saw was taken in Santa Barbara, California, the bottom part was captured in Alaska and the top part was captured in Antarctica. With the help of a photo editor, the owner created the mind-blowing picture.
6. The next on our list is quite scary to even hear. This photo went viral on social media in September 2017 when people claimed that the shark swimming on the Houston highway during flooding. However, it turns out to be a bluff. The viral photo was a mixture of the photo, although the flooding part was true but the shark was photoshopped.
7. The next one on our list is heart whelming. You must have seen this photo of a 4-year-old boy hugging her sister. It has been claimed that the photo was taken after an earthquake attack in Nepal. However, the actual photo was taken in Vietnam in 2007. This photo went viral for so long with different titles. Seeing this fuss about the photo, the owner had to mention about the original details of photos on his Twitter handle.
8. We were all excited to see the other side of Jupiter. The next on our list is about the same when the photo went viral on the Internet claiming the other side of Jupiter whereas, in reality, they did a clever work thereby using an original picture which is available on NASA’s website and then later copy-pasted it on the ball. The video of cutting the ball in half is available on the internet.