So we were expecting a new iPhone this year, but since it was iPhone’s anniversary, what we got is not one but three iPhones, that’s iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the surprising iPhone X. We are not sure what happened to iPhone 9? Or are they skipping it altogether?
Anyways, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are spec bump to the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Nearly identical design to support Qi wireless charging and its awesome to see new iPhones have a true tone display but the same size and resolution. They come with new A11 bionic chip inside and some slightly updated 12MP camera along with new color option, i.e. new Rose Gold color which is more like a copper.
The bottom line is, this is definitely an improvement and an upgrade from Apple over what we currently have. But then came one more thing and that was iPhone 10. Don’t you dare call it iPhone X as in the alphabet, its iPhone 10 in roman numeric as X. It was the 10th anniversary of iPhones.
This iPhone X, like we expected, has a larger 5.8 inch OLED display but in a smaller body and tiny bezels. We have the display going really close to the edges of the corners, curving at the edges and then has that notch in the middle of the top. Apple has intelligently handled those notches at the sides by giving you the clock on the left and your signal & battery on the right side. These info icons on the top turn black or white automatically to contrast with the background.
The other big question you all might have is absence of Home button. How do you go home? The answer is, Gesture. To go home on the iPhone X, you just need to swipe up from the bottom. And to get to the multitasking panel you swipe halfway up. You got to remember the difference between those two. There are couple of more gestures you need to know if you are planning to buy iPhone X. They are as follows:
1. Swipe down from the middle for notifications
2. Swipe down from the right corner for a control center.
3. Swipe down in the middle of the home screen for search.
Apple has gone really advanced with this anniversary special iPhone X. They have replaced touch ID and fingerprints with face ID and facial recognition. Apple has claimed that the face ID is very reliable and million-to-one chance that someone else can get into it with something other than your face. Another major change are the new camera, which are vertically oriented. It looks really better in real life. Two 12 megapixels cameras and both are optically stabilized, So the telephoto lens has a better success rate in low-light and better video, etc.
Yes yes I am coming to the hyped “Portrait mode”. When you open the portrait mode, you will get these extra modes that will try to adjust the lighting. It gives you option to choose from natural light to studio light to contour light to even stage light which is very dramatic. And all these works with the front-facing camera as well so you can do the portrait mode with the front facing camera too. There’s a new feature now called as ‘AN EMOJIS’ which is literally animated emojis.
That’s all for now, below are the specifications for of this anniversary special and costliest iPhone ever, iPhone X. this smartphone.
iPhone X Specifications:
- iOS 11.0.2
- 5.8 inches (1124 x 2436) Super AMOLED display with 458ppi protected with Scratch resistant glass. Approx 82.9% body-to-screen ration with 3D touch and True-tone display. Dolby vision / HDR10 complaint and Wide color gamut display
- Apple A11 bionic chip / hexa-core processor
- Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Dual 12MP Cameras ( f/1.8, PDAF, f/2.4, AF) OIS, autofocus with 2x optical zoom, dual tone dual LED flash
- 4K video recording, Auto HDR, panorama.
- 2160@24/30/60 fps, 1080@30/60/120/240 fps, 720@240fps.
- 7MP front facing camera, f/2.2, autofocus, 1080@30fps, 720@240fps, face detection, HDR.
- 3GB RAM with 64GB / 256GB storage
- 2716mAH Battery, 21hrs of talk time
- IP67 certified dust & water resistant over 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
- Face ID
- Qi Wireless charging, Fast charging (Quick charge 2.0)
- Siri natural language command and dictation.
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer, proximity sensor