Being Calm is a state of mind which helps a person lives a happy and a successful life. This can be achieved by various means such as exercise, meditation, healthy diet and so on. As the word describes, being away or rather free from disturbance, agitation or excitement, it also refers to be in peace which every one of us wants to be in life. To be calm in life can be earned by practice. Before taking any decision in life it’s always suggested to think about it in every possible way and in a relaxed state of mind. A mind which is always calm will help in making better decisions and succeed in life. Let’s learn on how to be calm in life and achieve big things and live a successful life.
1. Be gentle to yourself when you talk within your own mind. Remove the negative thoughts from your mind. Remember the way you make mistakes and feel that it was a genuine one; the other may feel the same.
2. If everything in life could be achieved at once and easily without troubling someone else, what’s the point in living this life?
3. Being positive not only means by mind or thoughts, but also means by giving importance to yourself and the work you do that makes changes to the world in some way.
4. As every holy book across the globe say, forgive and forget. Believe me; this practice will always help you stay calm in life though it may sound like the most difficult one to imbibe. It’s just a matter of starting it. It may be difficult to love a person and stay with whom you hate the most. But that’s when it’s a real test of being calm.
5. When you get angry or irritated at ones behavior, try and stop yourself by not saying anything and thinking about the reason as to why should the other person do such thing to you. Think towards the end of the day that does staying angry on someone really help you?
6. Impatience is taken as the enemy of a calm mind. If you have an attitude of “Want that right now”, it makes you lose your calm and get angry on anyone easily which in turn results in spoiling the relations with others and hurting yourself.
7. When you expect a lot from a particular person and if that person cannot live up to your expectations, rather than getting angry and annoyed on that person, sit back and try and speak to him/her to know why was that expectation not fulfilled. This will help you keep your calm and maintain a healthy relation with the opposite person.
8. The best way to reach the level of being calm is by challenging your own capabilities and talent by completing some task before the given time in spite of some deviations or disturbance in life.
9. If you are a calm person, it will prevent you from saying wrong things to others which may or may not be intentional; but hurting others. As it will help you defend your own words or reactions in difficult situations because many of us may not remember what we said in anger which may be really bad.
10. At times when your patience is at test, keep yourself in others shoes and think of a solution.
11. If you get impatient or lose your calm because of circumstances in your life, think or look at a person who lives with it day in and day out. Thank God everyday to give you at least a better life than what you would have been in.
Understand friends that if God wasn’t calm we would have been punished every day.